Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The journey begins!

Hi! My name is Tammy. Welcome to my weight-loss blog. I have decided to blog about my weightloss journey, because that is what it is, a journey!

I am at a time in my life where I have found that I just do NOT like the place where I am at in my life, life-style, eating habits, my health, and my life in general.

I have a beautiful family, with 2 small boys,  that I want to be healthy for. I know this has to be for ME. But they are my primary motivation.

I have thought about blogging my efforts and journey for a long time. I never have because I was just afraid to put it out there for all to see. Probably because of my "Fear of Failure". If you know me well, you know that I am the "WORLD WORST DIETER!" that is no news flash where I am concerned. I have started and fallen of the wagon, if you will, more times than I can count. I know one might say, "Why now?", "You have said this all before", "I will believe it when I see it!", or my favorite, "What makes this time different?".

Well, I can't really answer those questions. I guess you will just have to believe in me. I am not perfect. I hope to do the best I can during this journey. It took me many years to put this weight on, it will more than likely take me some time to get it back off. There will be times of success and moments of failure. But I refuse to have those moments of failure dictate my goals, and who I want to become.

4 yrs ago, in 2010, I had Lap-Band surgery to aid in my weight-loss efforts. It was a drastic move, but knew I could not do this alone. I had all the support I needed. I did lose weight. But not the amount I myself and my Dr had hoped for. I had all the support in the world. 4 months after my surgery, My life started falling apart and almost 2 yrs later, my marriage ended. That was almost 2 years ago. The major amounts of stress and depression seemed to stop my weight-loss efforts dead in its tracks. I did not feel good about myself, I lost interest in the things that I once enjoyed doing, I was unmotivated, and let the depression and self pity take control of my life. It finally hit me after seeing pictures of myself and walking past a department store window, and seeing my reflection, how uncontrollable my weight has gotten. I was disgusted with my self.

Again, I knew I cannot do this alone and I needed to take more drastic measures. After consulting with my Bariatric doctor, Dr. Thomas Brown, we decided it best to take out the Lap-band and convert to what is called a Gastric Sleeve.

I will be having this surgery on Friday Feb. 7th, 2014. That is only 3 days away. I am excited and nervous all at once.

They say a goal unwritten is not a goal, unless it is written down. So hear it goes.

Ultimate  Goals:
- Make my kids proud.
~ Run or walk the Boulder/Boulder, or some kind of race in 2015
~ Go on a hike without bugging out the first mile!
~ Run around and play with my kids without being winded!
~ Look in the mirror and like what I see. Feel sexy and beautiful in my own body.
~ STOP dieting and enjoy a more healthy lifestyle.
~ Feel confident being ME.
~ Be healthy.
- Find love again.

These are just a few of the dreams and goals that I have. I know that the only way to accomplish these things is losing weight and become healthier.

I will post my losses and measurements each week. I have been counseled by my Dr. that the results will be dramatic and quick. Hold on to your chair, its going to be a wild ride!

So follow me on this epic journey to re-claim my life, my health, and ME! Stay tuned!

No comments: