Tuesday, February 4, 2014

60 Hours to Surgery!

It is Tuesday night, just 60 hours to the beginning of the NEW ME! I am so excited and a bit nervous all at the same time.

Tomorrow morning, I start the pre-op clear liquid diet. This consists of a very limited choice of drinks and food. This will consist of...

     ~ clear broth (or bouillon), Beef, Chicken or Vegetable
     ~ sugar free Crystal light or Sugar free Kool aide
     ~ Sugar Free Popsicle
     ~ Water
     ~ Sugar Free Jello

Yep, that is it for my choices for not only the next 36 hrs until surgery, but for several weeks after as well. Jealous? Yea...I did not think so.

As I mentioned, I am very excited, and nervous at the same time. I am only nervous for the surgery itself. I am so excited about this journey. It is the RIGHT thing to do. I can hardly wait to feel so good and have the energy to play outside with my boys.  To go swimming and not feel embarrassed by my body, or fear of embarrassing my boys. I am excited to not be afraid to look in the mirror, or see my reflection in a window as I pass by. I am excited to go shopping with my mom, sisters, nieces, and my friends, and go to ANY store and find something that fits. I am excited to not have to go to the PLUS size section or specialty store. (For those of you that are heavy, have you ever noticed that they just do not make cute clothes for plus sized women? Why does being plus sized mean we have to wear clothes that our grandmothers would wear? Just sayin'.) I am excited to not be afraid of my picture being taken and requesting only my face be photographed, or standing behind everyone else, so that my body is hidden. I am excited for it all!

Tomorrow morning I will take a before picture and weigh myself, before I start the Liquid diet. There is a wieghtloss from this pre-op liquid diet. I will then weigh and measure again the morning of surgery. Then every Friday after that.

36 hrs and counting. Let's do this!!!!
   

No comments: