If their is anyone out there, that believes that any type of weightloss surgery is the "Easy way out", or the "Lazy way out", Let me at them. I will kick there a$$. Seriously! It could not be any further than the truth.
Yes, weight loss in its own right, takes discipline, structure, Nutritional guidelines, exercise in any form, etc.
After weight loss surgery, it is all that and more.
Yes I am losing, down 22.6. I have been up am down 2 oz for the last 24 hour. Does it piss me off? YES it actually does. Why? Because 1. I have had a taste of super quick losses and results. It is awesome. 2. because I can barely freaking eat, so I know that calories is NOT a factor. My guess is Lack of Calories. My Dr laughed at me when I called today to see if this was normal. He said, Tammy, You have just lost 22.6 lbs in 10 days. And you are freaking out because the scale has not moved in 24 hours? He said to relax, and let my body and the surgery do its own thing. Ok, fine, I will chill out. I am not going to weigh every single day (if I can resist). I will post my losses each Friday.
Back to Weight loss surgery and Nutritional Guidelines. It is going to sound like I am complaining, but Im not really. I am just laying out on the line, what I am personally going through. It is amazing the major emotions that go along with weight loss as I am experiencing. My emotions are all aver the place! I'm happy, I'm freaking ornery, I am vulnerable, and for the first time since surgery, I am actually hungry! It is only possible to eat by a baby spoon. Anything bigger is just to much! You have to take it real slow. After about 1/4 cup, if you even tried to take another bite, the consequences suck. I have major reflux and heartburn since surgery, which they warn you about. Should only last 30 days. Can I tell you how bad it is? Every night, if I even roll over, I get nauseated., If I sit up to fast, I get nauseated. Not to mention the nausea I feel ALL DAY LONG! I never even had this when I was pregnant.
Exhaustion. WOW! Don't even get me started. We are warned that due to lack of calories, we can get fatigued. Yep, that is an under statement for sure
Blood Pressure. Yes, before surgery, I had high blood pressure. Since surgery and losing the weight that I have, I actually have low blood pressure. That is super fun in itself. Dizzy, does not even cut it. We are talking, fall down and pass out stuff. No I have not experienced that yet, and hope not too. But I get pretty close. So, dizziness from low blood pressure and being nauseated, not a fun combination. Puking sucks. I don't care who you are, it just does.
Lets see what else. Oh yea, my mouth tastes like rubber and my food tastes the same. Yummy, right? It is driving me crazy!
On a good note? I can see the changes that my body is making. It seems to be more in my face, shoulders, and upper body. However, there is a difference everywhere. I LOVE IT!
My confidence has definitely been boosted. Even through the crabbiness, and being on edge, I am happy like I have not been in a long time. I am noticing great differences in every aspect in my life.
I am so happy I made this decision. I am happy to be on this journey. All these little things will pass. It is just part of the journey. For those of you that are near me in my everyday life. Please be patient with me, I am going through some changes in my life, and all these things are part of my journey.
Goodnight.
Monday, February 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so proud of you for making this step. It is not for everyone. You have to have a strong support system and if you need anything at all... i am always here for you!
Thank you Jennie. I am thankful I have you to talk to about it! Thanks for inspiring me!
Anytime Tammy! Keep up the good job :)
Post a Comment