Surgery came and went. everything went really well according to Dr. Brown. I went into the OR at about 1 pm, and I was heading to a room by 5:30. Felt really good, no pain. But boy was I higher then a kite on the meds they pumped through me. I was feeling NOTHING!
I had a few visitors. Kimberly, Kj, Ann and Sheri. Kj brought me some beautiful tulips. It made me feel great that they came to see me.
That evening after surgery I was up and walking twice. I was determined to get well, and out of the hospital asap.
The evening of Post -OP, was rough. I had dry heaves all night long. I was terrible. My chest hurt from the air they used. I could not get it out for anything. The dry Heaves lasted though out the next day (saturday). We realized that what was making me feel that way was motion sickness. Each time I went from laying down to sitting up, or vice versa, I will throw up. They then put a Dramamine patch behind my ear, which helped dramatically. Saturday night, I slept great! Still no pain in the torso, except for the air.I have never felt more greatful to burp or pass gas in my entire life! I still could not eat what I needed to.
Sunday morning, I was doing even better. No throwing up. But I have to get sown 1oz of water every 15 min. Not an easy task! But I did it!
I was released about 2:30 pm and on my way home.Sheri picked me up.
After getting my meds and walking into my house, I actually cried! Not from pain, or anything. It was because my friends all chipped in and cleaned and organized my home! It felt so good to walk in to my home and feel relieved. I can focus on my recovery and not feel I have to do anything else.
Today is Monday and I am doing very well. Tried to swallow a 1/2 of a multi vitamin. Not good. It came right back up. I ti very hard to drink anything, just very small sips throughout the day.
For those who think that weight loss surgery is the easy way out, and or a cop out for losing weight by diet and exercise alone. I will tell you this, it is NOT EASY. This is difficult as well.
Tried taking a multi vitamin (1/2) Not a good idea. I will be buying chew-able tomorrow.
Until next time!
Monday, February 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So proud of you Tammy! I will be following your progress! I know you can do it!
Post a Comment